Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Clarify one thing

I chose lexapro as a close to last resort. Thankfully, I was not suicidal, but my personality, daily routine, and altogether wellness had slowly vanished starting last fall to a point where I would not leave my room this January.

I tried energy vitamins, changing my exercise routine, and adjusting my diet, thinking maybe I had low blood sugar or any type of blood sugar problems like my siblings.

I tried sleeping more, I didn't drink as much alcohol and I practically stopped drinking caffeine.

I went to my doctor several times and even tried acupuncture. I went to acupuncture five times, plus tried the herbal medicine that the acupuncturist recommended and provided. I tried cognitive therapy on its own, and this did not work for me.

I was on my way on trying to find a new therapist when I just sort of started to break down worse and worse day by day for a week to a point where it was clear I needed help. That is when a psychiatrist was able to fit me in three days later and I started Lexapro.

I wish I did not need to take any type of SSRI to help me feel better. I wanted to beat this on my own, with out any extra chemicals, but it was clear I needed an extra push. I just wanted to clarify that I am happy that this drug is helping me so far, I still wish I didn't need it in the first place and that I would never recommend this to anyone who has 'slight anxiety' or 'occasionally felt blue'.

Thanks for every one's continuing support!

No comments:

Post a Comment