Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 8

I was exhausted when my alarm went off at 9 am.  I emailed my boss and said I would either be coming in late or working from home.  I went back to bed and was able to sleep straight from 9 15ish to 12 30ish.  This was the longest period of undisturbed sleep I had for that night.

When I finally got out of bed, I took a shower and started to feel like I had more energy. I was able to talk to my Doctor on the phone about the buzzing.  She recommended taking my dose only in the morning and trying the full ten mgs at once, rather than five in the morning and five at night. I was still suppose to take mine tonight, but to start taking the full ten tomorrow (Tuesday).  She also said stop taking the xanax each time unless I need it.

Though the day was half over, I still went into work.  This is a big step for me, because I am still anxious about going into the office since no one is ever really there and it just makes me more depressed. 

I had a semi productive day, but I think I was more motivated knowing I was only going to be there for four to five hours.  I did get tired in the middle of it, but again, I feel like this is from boredom. I decided to sleep at my parents house, hoping maybe change of environment could help my sleeping.  

I was able to easily fall asleep but I still occasionally would wake up. I have noticed that each time I wake up my vision is very blurry, I am pretty dizzy when  I open my eyes, and I can become very confused.  Once I realize where I am and what is happening (though I can still be pretty confused), I try and force my self to fall back to sleep.  If this does not work, I will take a xanax.  This night, I did not have to take the Xanax and was able to fall back to sleep each time, but I am not getting good rest and I am very frustrated that I cannot sleep straight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment