Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 10 - First day of new therapist

Last night I went to bed with an awful headache. This kept me up for awhile. I took another Ibuprofen (I took one early that evening) and this did nothing. Knowing I had to get up early, I finally took a Xanax. This put me out. I don't want to rely on the xanax, but it has recently been my go to drug for sleep.

For the first time in a few nights, I had a pretty consistent night sleep. Though short (6 hours), I only woke up once between 1 am-ish to 7 am-ish. This is much better than the several times a night I have recently been experiencing. This maybe since I switched my pill schedule to the full ten mgs in the morning with no mgs in the evening, but I will not know for sure until a couple days.

I went to my new therapist today. I clicked much better with this individual, so I think its going to be good. She is out of network, so my insurance will only cover ten sessions in a year. I asked if I should space these sessions out over the year, or maybe just see her every other week. She said this was up to me, but she recommended that I see her consistently for the first month on a weekly basis to avoid that 'get to know you phase' each time I come in. Making sense, I will be seeing her once a week for the next month. Again, I cannot stress this more that Lexapro is my short term solution to my depression / anxiety while therapy is my long term solution.

During my initial consultation, she believed (like my psychiatrist) that lexarpo is the right drug for me. She believes I may have had anxiety all my life, but I was able to always deal with it since I was happy with my surroundings. She believes my panic attacks may have started because my body could not deal with the depression and the anxiety together. She said that very often these two problems piggy back off each other and can take someone down a bad spiral.

After therapy, I went to work and had a pretty good day. Now I was not productive at all, but I was happy and I had a good amount of energy. After work, I spent a few hours doing work around the house and went to bed. I laid in bed for awhile, watching TV, because I did not feel tired. I probably fell asleep around 1 30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment