Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 7 - Research my sleep problem - sleep problems continue

After an awful nights sleep, I still woke up and took my prescribed xanax and lexapro.  Maybe I over did the xanax and that caused the buzzing, but I spent most of the day researching this problem.

Being Sunday, I could not call my Doctor about my experiences. My Aunt is an RN at a Hospital in New York.  I have continued to ask her questions about my experiences before and during lexapro. When she asked her doctor friends, they all said similar things about people experiencing buzzing when they are going through withdrawal from lexapro. I looked this up online, and sure enough, people complain about a buzzing when they are winding off lexapro.  

I had little energy today, probably because of my lack of sleep the previous night.  I only ate two meals, taking my pills with both and went to bed between 10 and 11 PM.

Problems from Previous night reoccur
Around 2 am, I suddenly woke up again with the ringing and buzzing.  It was awful. I also felt a shortness of breath, and I was so frustrated I felt like crying. I was beyond exhaustion and just wanted to sleep.  I felt like I was going to have a panic attack, so I took a xanax and tried to relax.  I eventually fell asleep, but I continuously awoke through out the night.  I am pretty upset because I use to feel good when I slept and is one of the few things I currently enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment