Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 6 - Real Sleep problems begin

I slept soundly, but woke up slightly dizzy around 12 30 PM. This went away after a few minutes. Though I did not do much, I felt like I had a little more energy than usual.  I took my medicine with lunch (too late for breakfast), and relaxed for most of the day.

I went out to an early dinner with my roommates, came home and took my lexapro and xanax.  Around 5 PM, I decided to take a nap, because I knew I was going out tonight.  Laying there, watching TV, I began to get tired but couldn't fall asleep.   I took a shower and got ready to go out. I took an extra xanax and brought some more with me when I left the house.

Altogether, the evening was fun.  I was not drinking, since my Doctor does not want me to drink alcohol or caffeine.  I was home by 2: 30 am and in bed by 3.

Real Sleep Problems began this night

I first woke up around 5 am.  I had an awful ringing in my ear.  I was at a bar earlier in the night with loud music, so I assumed it was from that. However, when I would try to fall back to sleep, the ringing turned into a buzz in my head... almost like my head was shaking from the inside.  Nothing violent, but I could slightly feel and definitely hear a buzz sound.  This would happen right as I could feel myself drifting off to sleep.  This kept me up for about 30 - 40 minutes, so I finally took a xanax and was able to fall asleep.  Between 7 am and 11 am I woke up numerous times. 

2 comments:

  1. David,
    Hey my name is Keli and Im am so happy that you have put up this blog. I have read almost half of your blogs and I'll be back to keep reading. Thanks for putting yourself out there like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Keli. I hope my experiences help. Knowing other people are reading this puts more of a purpose in my day and makes me feel good. For all I know, this may be helping my depression and boasting my energy too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete