Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday April 21, 2009

My life is becoming more normal. I am still tired in the mornings and in the afternoon, but not as bad as it was when I was on Lexapro. To this day, I still have not gone to the gym. I am running, and this makes me feel better in the afternoons, but I have this fear of the gym. I laugh to myself about it, because its crazy, but I still do not go. There is obviously something wrong there, and that is the only reason I am continuing with my therapy.

I have been going to work every day (when on lexapro, I worked mostly from home because I was so tired in the morning). I have been more focused at work and when doing things. When I get home from work, my motivation for things drops, but I am still able to force my self to go running and make dinner.

Alcohol wise, I drink on the weekends. I drank a significicant amount of beer on Friday and had an awful hang over on Saturday. On Saturday I drank a significant amount of whisky and did not have a hang over on Sunday. So I may have a problem with beer, maybe I am allergic. I am going to the doctors again soon to see if this is the case.

I still have not drank coffee, but I am drinking caffeine in the form of tea and soda. I get a stomach ache from coffee and have not figured out why.

My anxiety is practically gone, but I still get a little anxious at night randomly. I will sometimes wake up and have to take a xanax, but that is the only time I ever take it. My only long term worry is when I will have to stop taking prozac. The longer I take it, the harder I think it is going to be to get off of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey David, Its Claire :)

    I see your having the same probs. with beer and coffee I have. Let me know if the doctor has a good reason other than the possibility of having Asian genes, lol.

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prozac has more efinity for alcho than Lexapro, caffiene may enhance side effects of many drugs, but this is not well researched. In addition in the community we do see that in general terms, celexa and lexapro are alcho safe, though we do not recommend depressed people drink, SSRI + benzo + alcho, heath ledger.. don't ever take a benzo if you have had a beer. :) Asain genes wouldn't really explain this, my prof view of this is that, if prozac is not "taking you higher" than lexapro, then then i would move to SNRI's like venlafaxine, or even doloxetine. Or novel classes like mirtazepine. Non responders often do well with this newer classes. Sadly the side effect profiles tend to be the same. Benefit - risk ratio's :)

    ReplyDelete